Monday 16 July 2012

Hufflepuff and Proud

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of crap about Hufflepuff.

I mean, honestly. I understand that maybe the House itself wasn't that important to the story-line. I get that. And I get that the other houses get "noble" qualities, like Gryffindors are Brave, Ravenclaws are Smart, and Slytherins are Ambitious. People argue that Kindness isn't a noble quality, and that we're useless, and we're pushovers.

First off, although kindness isn't seen as great of a quality as bravery, intelligence, and ambition, it's still an important quality! Chances are, if one member of each House were stranded on a desert island together, while the others argued over what to do, the Hufflepuff would be working. The Gryffindor might help, but the Puff would be doing the most work. (By the way, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just stating my opinions.)

Hufflepuffs aren't useless, either! Just because we value kindness over anything else, doesn't mean we aren't brave, or smart, or ambitious! Take Hermione Granger, for example. She was in Gryffindor, but she was the smartest witch in her grade, smarter than any Ravenclaw. Her bravery just outweighed it. It's the same with the many of the Hufflepuffs I know. Like me. I'm really smart. I was actually expecting to be in Ravenclaw.
I'll admit, I was disappointed at first. I mean, I think very few people actually want to be in Hufflepuff. But now that I'm actually in the House, I actually like it! We're a really nice group of people, and we make really good friends. You just have to give us a chance.

Don't believe me? Watch the video below, made by the girls at Not Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment