Thursday 26 July 2012

Imagination


Go ahead, Spongebob it. "Imaginaaaaaation." It's a gorgeous and wonderful thing and it needs to be encouraged more. Especially in small children.

This starts with a babysitting story for me. The one little girl has the greatest imagination I've ever seen. I mean, this child is nine, and she took the woods by her house, added some benches, a fire pit, cleared out some walkways, and made what she and her brothers call "The Village." It's amazing! Each of their friends has a "house" which is a smaller clearing outlined by trees/sticks/planks of wood, there's a park, and a "community center" which consists of a fire pit and some benches. It's amazing! 

Then we see kids that can look at a squiggle in a tree and say "it's a rocketship!" It just makes me smile. Then it makes me wonder: Will these kids have the same sense of imagination when they're 16? I know I don't. It makes me sad, actually. So my solution is to write more. 
Yes, I write. You can find me here on figment.com. Check out some of my stuff because a) it will make me happy ;) and b) Some people seem to think that it's pretty good. And if you're an aspiring writer, you might want to join the site. It's pretty fly. 

Where am I going with this? Argh, I should probably draft these things first...or maybe vlog...idk. Thoughts? Comments are appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment