Sunday 16 June 2013

Music

Music is a big thing in my life. I've played the flute since I was nine years old, and I've been singing since before I can remember. I've always been a singer. When I was little, my parents and I were at a fair that had an open mic. I ran up and sang and when the woman tried to take the mic when I was finished, I put up my little hand and said, "Not without the big finish!" I don't remember it, but I've heard the story enough times to feel like I do.

Another thing I don't remember involving music also involves childhood dreams. When I was asked what I wanted to be, I said a backup singer. As I've grown, I've become more of my own singer, but I still think that singing backup is fun.

I tend to find a song or song lyrics to go with every situation. I've written a number of short stories and poems based off of songs. I'll hear a song and think of a situation or a fandom related thing (my current kick is Doctor Who, hiatus does that to me). Because music is such a source of inspiration for me, I think it's about time I start incorporating it into "Stories from the Purple Chair".

As you might have noticed, on my last post I used a Spotify Play button. It's the first time I've ever done anything of the sort, and I personally liked it. I'm not saying it'll be on every post. However, I want you guys to have some say. Did you like it? Is it too early to tell? Or should I just stop altogether? Does it set the mood for reading the article? Let me know any of your thoughts on it in the comments. Or any of your thoughts in general. That would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment